I started fishing when I was 9 years old on my local rivers for small brownies and after several years I began entering club competitions which brought some success at an early stage in my life.
The next chapter of my fishing career was to compete at national level, were I won the inaugural Youth National Championship on Lough Owel in 1992 and Captain the Youth Irish Team in Wales the following year. Unfortunately I am no longer 17 and had to move into senior territory where I earned by first international cap on Lough Erne 2004 where Ireland won gold.
I have since fished for Ireland on numerous occasions on both lakes and rivers. I currently live in Co Antrim, N. Ireland and have fished for over 30 years. I continually fish the great loughs across Ireland and many of the rivers for wild brown trout. I am also fortunate to compete under the Emerald Islanders Fly Fishing Team who won the Anglian Water Overseas Trophy on Rutland Water in 2011. As part of a competitive team you are always developing and improving fly design so that you can continue your success on the water.
Achievements to date
- National Youth Champion Lough Owel 1992
- Ulster River Champion Agivey River 2016
- Ulster Lakes Champion Lough Melvin 2018
- Represented Ireland at youth and senior level on both loch style and river disciplines
- Captained Team Ireland 2008 Lough Melvin
- Team gold loch style and river internationals
- Brown Bowl Lough Melvin 2008
- H. Emyr Lewis Trophy Chew Valley 2009
- H. Emyr Lewis Trophy Loch of Harray 2011
- Brown Bowl Lake of Menteith 2019
- Member of Emerald Islanders Fly Fishing Team
error: Content is protected !!