I started fishing at 4 years old on Llyn Clywedog close to where I grew up in Machynlleth.
My competition fishing started at 9 and I quickly qualified for the welsh youth team and later at senior level where I became the welsh captain.
I joined the Welsh Hawks fly fishing team in 2010 and have had so many more achievements since. I feel I’m at the forefront of fly fishing. I’ve fished all over the UK and Ireland and have also been lucky enough to travel abroad doing what I love.
Having lived so close to the lake as a child I spent a lot of time there and am now lucky enough to be the lakes head ranger which is a dream come true.
Along with fishing also came my love for Fly tying. I most enjoy creating unique designs and often sit up for hours at night designing my next masterpiece.
After my family, fishing is my life. We are all involved, my wife and 2 daughters included who love nothing more than coming to meet me after work and casting some flies.
Achievements to date
- 35 Welsh caps from youth to senior
- Former Welsh captain
- Brown Bowl winner 2009 @ Chew
- Team Gold Lochstyle international
- Airflo Angling Water Champions 2011
- Airfo Angling water Team Bronze 2014 & 2015
- Lexus team Bronze 2016
- Scierra Pairs Champion 2017
- Scierra Pairs Bronze 2018
- Airflo Angling Water Team Champions (2018)
- Team member of the hugely successful Welsh Hawks fly fishing team
error: Content is protected !!